If for any reason you want to change the mobile number you provided when enrolling for your Aadhar card, this article will give you tips on how to do so. It can be done quickly online with the help of an OTP verification. But if you want to change your number without the OTP verification, you can do so by post or by visiting the Aadhar Card Seva Kendra near you. This article will take you through the process of yourAadhar card correction, step by step.
However, before going any further, we think it is important to mention that you cannot change your number without submitting a valid mobile number. This is because you are required to submit a valid number in order to receive the SMS verification of the process.
If you want to update your number without OTP, follow the steps given below:
- To update your mobile number, you have to first download the Aadhar Update/Correction Application through the main website. A preview has been shown below.
- Once you have downloaded the file, you need to take a printout of the application form.
- You have to fill the form with the required information. It is important to note that you will need to fill in all the fields in uppercase/CAPITAL letters or your application might risk getting rejected.
- You have to select Update/Correction from the first option and tick the box to update/correct mobile number.
- Next, add the 12 digit Aadhar Number as mentioned in your Aadhar card.
- Fill in the rest of the fields with your name, gender, date of birth, address, pin code, email, as given in your Aadhar card and the new number that you want to update.
- You have to then fill the right side with the same details in your native language, as given in your Aadhar card.
- Give the details of the validation/proof documents you will be submitting with the application.
- Once you have provided the necessary information, you will need to sign the application or give your thumbprint.
- Collect the application and the relevant document into an envelope and mark it as “Aadhar Update/Correction.”
- After which you need to send the envelope with all the documents to the below- mentioned address.
Post Box No. 10
Chhindwara Madhya Pradesh- 480001, India
Post Box No. 9 Banjara Hills
Don’t forget to self-attest all relevant documents before sending it in.
You can also update your number by taking the form to your nearest Aadhar Card Seva Kendra.
- The Aadhar Seva Kendra Enrolment Operator will take the form and the photocopies of the documents and feed the information into the software along with the scan of your fingerprint.
- Your application can now be reviewed. You will receive the Aadhar Update Receipt which will help you track the progress of your application processing which may take up to 2 to 3 weeks.
- Once the update is complete, you will receive the SMS confirmation to your new number.
The same method can be used to change your other details like your name, gender, date of birth, address, etc.